NEET 2020 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020)
NEET 2020 conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) is on May 3, 2020. The format will be in pen and paper based mode. Total number of exam centers for NEET 2020 are 2546 across 154 cities in India. NEET 2020 has been made the exam for all UG medical courses in India including AIIMS and JIPMER. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET UG 2020 application form on December 2, 2019. The last date to fill it is December 31, 2020.
The NEET 2020 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2020) is an undergraduate medical entrance test for admissions to MBBS, MBBS Abroad like MBBS in Philippines, BDS and Ayush courses like BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, B.V.Sc & AH.
The admit cards for NEET 2020 will be available from March 27, 2020 for those students who have submitted the application. After the exam of NEET 2020, the candidates can check the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) answer key.
NEET results will be declared on June 4, 2020 in online along with the final answer key. The qualifying cut off will also be announced. Then the NEET qualified candidates can apply for All India counselling conducted by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This will tentatively be in June, 2020 while counselling for state admissions will be after that.
- Total number of questions present in the exam will be 180
- The type of Questions will be multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Negative marking will be there
- Mode of Exam will be offline
- Section present in the exam will be physics, chemistry and biology
- Number of Questions in each section would be as follows :
- Physics – 45
- Chemistry – 45
- Biology – 90 (Botany – 45 and Zoology – 45)
- Marking scheme will be for every correct answer +4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer the mark would be -1.
- Total score is 720.
- Total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The NEET 2020 Exam date is May 3, 2020.
How to study for NEET 2020 to do MBBS abroad or to do MBBS in India ?
NEET Paper Analysis for Physics
- Mechanics is a very important topic carrying the maximum weightage.
- Electrodynamics normally can carry almost 9-10 questions.
- Most of the questions involve calculations that are lengthy, so prepare accordingly.
- It is imperative to remember all the formulas and the short cuts to achieve the targets.
Pro Tip – Consider the ‘Points to Ponder’ section at the end of each chapter and the examples given in NCERT Books.
NEET Paper Analysis for Chemistry
- Over the years, application based questions have increased in number.
- NEET 2019 saw more questions from the class XII syllabus.
- Organic Chemistry has gradually gained more prominence than Inorganic Chemistry, expect 16-17 questions from Organic Chemistry in the paper.
- Few questions are formed taking two different concepts together.
Pro Tip – Attention has to be given to Chemical Bonding and Coordination Compounds. They take a lot of time and carry maximum weightage. Stick to NCERT books of class 11 and 12.
NEET Paper Analysis for Biology
- The paper includes 45 questions each from Botany and Zoology.
- NEET 2019 saw more questions from class XII syllabus, almost 46 out of 90.
- Maximum questions are asked from NCERT so students should spend more time on that instead of reference books.
Pro Tip – Human Physiology carries high weightage. Genetics too has been a hot favorite of NEET and along with Human Physiology, cover almost 30 questions in the Biology section.
For more information on NEET 2020 Exam Dates, Exam Patterns, How to apply, What to be considered while applying for NEET 2020, please visit us at https://uvgullascollegeofmedicine.com/neet-2020/
For extra information the student can also email email@example.com
If you would like to do MBBS in Philippines, then you could check out our college UV Gullas College of Medicine.
The UV Gullas College of Medicine Admission Fees Structure is given in uvgullascollegeofmedicine.com
To find answers for some of the frequently asked questions, visit uvgullascollegeofmedicine.com/faqs/